Get ready for the ultimate sensorial tour of India!
• Dine with the MahaRava Dosa of Mysore!
• Practice fractions with Mini Moon Momos from Sikkim!
• Sing to Sa-Ri-Ga-upMa in Andhra Pradesh!
• March with Gandhi through the salt mines of Gujarat for some home-cooked Kutchidi!
Starting in India’s capital of New Delhi, your Chota Chef (or “Little” Chef in Hindi) will circumnavigate the subcontinent – stopping along the way to prepare simple and nutritious dishes. Packaged in a beautiful tin box, the collection features 20 recipes (one from almost every state or region of India) with step-by-step pictorial illustrations to make it easy for early readers to follow. Each recipe is printed double-sided (one side for the adult, and one side for the child) on a thick, oversized board and laminated for easy clean-up.
Comes with a Map Card highlighting the route of travel, as well as a Parents’ Guide containing safety tips and a handy pantry list.
An imaginative and engaging way to introduce the fundamentals of Indian cooking to your little gourmand!
Ready to ship.
• 20 Laminated Recipe Cards (appx. 8.25” x 11.5”, 21 cm x 30 cm)
• 1 Map Card highlighting the route of travel
• Parents’ Guide containing safety tips and a handy pantry list
• Tin box for storage
Cooking is indeed a complete educational package. By the simple act of following through with a recipe, a child not only learns about the properties of food, but also develops:
• Math skills: through counting and measuring activities
• Language skills: through reading and interpreting directions
• Science skills: such as cause and effect, and the properties of heat
• Art: through the sensorial and aesthetic aspects involved in food preparation
• Fine motor skills: peeling garlic can be quite a challenge for little hands!
• Other important life skills: such as patience, curiosity, following directions, and a willingness to explore new foods and flavors
We designed The Chota Chef Recipe Cards to allow the child to take charge of the cooking process – to the maximum extent possible depending on age and ability, of course. Each of the cards contains a Fun Fact about the state or region where the recipe is from. You can elaborate on this and other features of the state or region – historical sites, customs, and so forth – by looking through pictures from the web, travel guides, library books, and other media with your child.
Change your currency
*For illustrative purposes only; payment will be processed in US Dollars.