Our exclusive design is a geographical work of art – with each of India’s states laser-cut to their exact shapes. The puzzle is based on the official map maintained by the Government of India – down to the sanctioned colors for each state. Surrounding countries and water bodies are also part of the puzzle.
Cut from thick, 5mm wood, this puzzle is sure to impress. And at over 90 pieces, it can be quite a challenge!
Comes with an updated (2015) 8-page Parents’ Guide which contains a compilation of facts about each state.
Packaged in a sturdy tab-lock storage box.
Say ji to geography!
Not for children under 3 years of age.
Ready to ship
• Puzzle Board Dimensions: appx. 23.5” H x 18” W
• 90 plus pieces
• Material: plywood
• Printed with non-toxic, water-based inks and paints
• Conforms to worldwide safety requirements – including those of the U.S. and Europe
• Parents’ Guide containing a compilation of facts about each state
• Comes packaged in a sturdy tab-lock storage box
Puzzles are a powerful brain exercise – they help develop and hone logic skills, fine motor skills, and spatial visualization abilities. They are also a self-correcting activity – an important aspect of the Montessori “teach me to do it myself” tradition.
This India Map Puzzle is quite a challenge – even for adults! Although ultimately your child will be able to piece together the states without any help, here are a few ideas to minimize frustration:
• Disassembling the entire puzzle at once can overwhelm your child. Try taking out only 3-5 pieces at a time (preferably not touching and not the same color), and have your child place replace them in the correct spot. A few rounds of this exercise will help your child better visualize placement of the pieces.
• Learn methodically: have your child re-trace the puzzle on a large sheet of paper (or newspaper) using a pencil or marker. Have him or her lift out one puzzle piece, trace the outline on the paper, replace the piece on the board, and then repeat with an adjacent piece. Use stickers to demark state capitals (or places visited, for a more personal touch).
• Custom tourbook: your child can also trace individual states onto smaller sheets of paper. After learning more about the state (through travel guides, library books, or the internet), he or she can decorate the tracing with drawings or cut-outs of important sites or cultural elements. Have your child complete 1 per week, staple the pages together, and voila – a crafty tourbook.
Change your currency
*For illustrative purposes only; payment will be processed in US Dollars.